Friday, April 16, 2010

Anticipating Your Parents' Objections

Dear mom and dad,

Hi. How are you these days? I'm pretty good and I actually study very hard. These days I feel that I will pass the TOEFL soon. Wheras I feel terrible that you pay all my tuition and I do nothing for you. I decide to take a part-time job next semester. You know if I have to work, the best choice is some Chinese restaurants. However, they are so far from where I live that I think It is neccessary to buy a car.
I know you always tell me don't do any thing dangerous when you can not stay with me. You both think for a girl driving in a different countries is not safe enough. I remembered you told me last time that I don't know enough traffic roles like Americans and the speed here is too fast. Whereas, a lot of my friends take couple drinving classes which really helps a lot. Also, in America it is not that easy to get a drive license, especially in CA. Therefore, if I could get the drive licence which needs to take two part tests-writing test and driving test, that means I have enough driving ability driving here. Moreover, although the speed here is fast, they all drive on their own lanes, and they also carefully change lanes, keep distance bewteen two cars, and something like that. The last thing you are worried about is the cost. Actually everyone konws that in America, cars are much cheaper than in China. In addition, I can buy a used car for saving money; I also will sell it after I finished my study. Thus, price is not a problem any more.
Dear mom and dad, I know you are so tired to earn money for my study. Now it is the chance I share your responsibilities. Do not worry about me. I am old enough to take care my self. I know you will understand my feeling and accept my thinking. Next step I will show you my hard-working and better grades.



Yours,
Vivi





I read Tara and Sherry's

2 comments:

  1. Wow What a awesome letter!!! I have to tell my parents about my car using your words!! Can I??? :) (After I get driver's lisence )

    ReplyDelete