Friday, April 23, 2010

Confucius Quote

"Find a job that you love doing and you will never have to work a day in your life."
it was said by Confucius, a well-known Chinese person who affacts Chinese people a lot. I like this quote very much because I surely agree with him.

When I was young, my teacher always asked us to write something about our careers in the future. I always told everyone that I would be a singer anyway. Since I was 9 years old, I began to study singing and after 10 years old I started to take part in most of the singing competitions in my province. I admired singers on TV so much that I felt that would be the best job in my life because they could do my favorite thing everyday and still could get a high salary. After I grew up, my dream was inundated by lots of subjects in college and reality. Most of the friends I met in the singing competitons all worked so hard to try to be a famous singer but failed. After I went abroad, I heard they still kept working on it. I totally understand the feeling that you love doing something whatever how hard it is or whether it will has a result. Now, I still admire them a little bit even their lives are more conplicatied than me. I feel tired when I focus on studying TOEFL, whereas I could sing the whole day without feeling exhausted. I think that is what Confucius is saying.

All in all, in my mind, life will be really boring if we don't have anything be interested in. People should find something fun in their work, and it will make works easier.



I read Tara and Sherry's

2 comments:

  1. That's the reality...Sometimes we have no choose, anyway, do not forger your interesting. I like to be your audience for good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I feel tired when I focus on studying TOEFL, whereas I could sing the whole day without feeling exhausted. I think that is what Confucius is saying." -- That is EXACTLY what he is saying, I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete